We left Lexington, KY this morning and it was raining. Which I guess is good because it probably helped put out the couch that the UK students set on fire after the school's basketball team beat the University of Louisville last night.
We continued on our way to Gatlinburg and it kept raining until we got to Knoxville, TN. Then the sky cleared up and we had a beautiful day. The traffic was pretty bad once we got near Gatlinburg. I guess it is a popular destination for vacation goers.
This is the view from our cabin.
We arrived and my brother and his family had already checked in and settled into the cabin. My nephews were already exploring the place and enjoying themselves. It's amazing the amount of chaos that surrounds two small humans. They are so cute, though, which I guess they have to be, otherwise they'd never survive childhood.
I finished the third book of The Hunger Games and it was awesome. That is a great set of books. Tomorrow I start Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Slayer. I hope it's as fun as it sounds.
Tomorrow we head to Clingman's Dome. It's a half mile hike up a mountain, the highest point in Tennesee and the third highest point in the United States according to Wikipedia. I'm not sure I believe the last claim.


No comments:
Post a Comment