I got breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. It was nice of them to actually care about me.
When it came time to make plans for the day, we split up. My parents, sister and I headed to Pigeon Forge to pick up a prescription for my sister that she didn't get refilled before she left. Great planning there, sis. Then we went to The Christmas Store. I spent way too much money on ornaments. Especially since normally, I only buy Christmas ornaments in the two weeks after Christmas, so that I can get the best deals. These seemed really expensive when you normally get ornaments for 75% off.
My brother and his family made their way to Pigeon Forge as well, a little bit later. We met up at this place that had two go-karts tracks, mini-golf, water bumper cars, bungee jumping, an arcade for big kids and an area for smaller kids that had another arcade, mini-train, merry-go-round, etc. It was a really neat place, but one of the rides was called "The Wild Willy" and the announcer would say at the end of every turn "I hope you enjoyed your ride on the Wild Willy". It seemed a little pervy at a kid's place, but okay, whatever.
That was our big activity for the day. After that, we headed back to the cabin and had fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and rolls. Then I took a nap. My youngest nephew has been having a problem sleeping because he doesn't like the pack and play, but I think he finally got exhausted enough from the last few days and will hopefully get a good night's sleep. He's been a little crabby, but he's such a happy baby that even his crabby isn't that bad.
Tomorrow we are outlet shopping at Tanger outlets. I thought it was going to be a girl's only trip, but apparently everyone is going. The only person with a shorter patience level for shopping than my nephews is my brother. He's been warned he can't hover or get a crappy attitude, but no one believes he'll be good.
Big Bogey seems to be doing better, as well. The kennel says he's eating some canned food and he's beginning to wag his tail when one of the kennel worker's goes into his cage to talk to him. He's still not moving off his safety spot on the quilt, but as least he's eating and beginning to come around. It's sad he's so miserable, though. He'll probably finally be adjusted on the day my parent's go to pick him up.
I haven't gotten any farther into Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I left the book at home again today.
No comments:
Post a Comment