Saturday, March 31, 2012

Vacation 2012-Day 1

My family is heading to Gatlinburg, TN. My brother and his family rented a cabin and they will be meeting us there on Sunday. When we were little, we would go almost every year, but now it's been over two decades since the last time we visited. I'm sure it's changed a lot and it will be interesting to see what has changed.

This morning started a little rough. I was supposed to meet at my sister's by 9 am. I still hadn't started packing as of 8 am, but I managed to only be 6 minutes late and beat my parents to my sister's house. My boss has lent me his TomTom which has Homer Simpson as it's voice. Homer is great at giving directions, but he's a little too excited about getting on the motorway.

We split the trip into two segments. My sister graduated from the University of Kentucky and they were playing in the Final Four of the NCAA tournament, so we needed to make it to the hotel in Lexington, KY before the game started. Tomorrow we head to Gatlinburg, but since the cabin won't be available before 3 pm, we'll be taking it slow and wasting time along the way.

One of the things I was most looking forward to on this trip was catching up on some of the reading I've gotten behind on. I recently read the first book of The Hunger Games and saw the movie and since this morning, I've finished the second book and have started on the third. I brought quite a few books, but I think I'm going to run out of reading material before this vacation is over.

No comments: