Monday, October 4, 2010

My lucky birthday

My lucky birthday started earlier in the week on Wednesday, because I won a contest at my apartment complex and one of the management staff brought me a free lunch from Rich N' Charlie's to work. After work, my co-worker/friends, Angie and Cindy, and I had a couple pitchers of margaritas at The Bean House, a local Mexican restaurant (it's more American-Mexican than traditional Mexican) and Angie gave me cookies for my birthday to share at work. Then on Thursday, my boss bought me lunch from Sen, my favorite Thai Restaurant in St. Louis, and my friend Cindy brought delicious carrot cake cupcakes.

On Saturday, my parents drove down to St. Louis. They brought pasta dinners from my favorite restaurant, Gallina's Pizzeria. I had stuffed shells and some of their homemade bread. It was delicious. My parents got me a Pannini Grill and cash for my birthday and my sister got me a gift certificate and a pretty necklace.

On Sunday, which is my actual birthday, my boyfriend, sister, her friend Michelle and I went to the last home baseball game for the Cardinals. The weather was great. The other four games we went to during the year were so hot because when you sit in the bleacher seats you have the sun on you all during the game with no shade. During the summer, that sucked, but on my birthday, it kept us warm in our short sleeves and there were people trying to steal our seats for once instead of us trying to steal someone else's seats. We got even luckier because we went browsing at the gift shop and my sister called us and told us we missed our seats being called for the free $50 Card Cash. If we had just gone by ourselves to the game, we would have missed the free Card Cash, but thanks to my sister's watchful eye we got it. We did miss being put on the jumbo tron, but my sister and her friend did get put on the big screen and that was the second time in a month that had happened to her (they were both on the camera during the Missouri vs Illinois game). Anyway, since I'm a Cub fan and not a Card fan, so we used the Card Cash to get my boyfriend a new windbreaker he'd been wanting. After the game, we had drinks at Lewellyn's Pub in Soulard.

Later that night, Jeff and I went to dinner at Shogun, my favorite sushi restaurant in St. Louis. We didn't get my favorite drink, the Scorpion Volcano, because I was already a little drunk and that drink is pretty powerful. After dinner, we went to see"Social Network" at Ronnie's 20, and when I used my Wehrenberg card, I won a free medium popcorn. So, that was my lucky birthday, and now it's over and won't be back for another year :(.

No comments: