Monday, March 1, 2010

Recap of last week

Monday - Highlight of day: shopping at Walmart. Sad. :(
Tuesday - Medium Boss came in town. Toured new property with Old Boss and New Boss. Free meal at one of the new restaurants, so that they could test their kitchen before opening. Food wasn't that great, but fun to experience the test environment.
Wednesday - Highlight of day: Medium Boss paid for lunch. Morgan Street - Yummy.
Thursday - No highlight at all for the day. Sad. :(
Friday - Went to my sister's happy hour at Krueger's. Fun. Found out my brother failed to make himself available 24-7 for his very pregnant wife. When she finally did get a hold of him to tell him she was having cramps, he blew her off, told her he couldn't leave work, and essentially hung up on her. Then he failed to call back when his meeting was over to make sure she was okay. All is good, though. Braxton-Hicks contractions or whatever, so the nephew is still safely tucked in place and sister-in-law is choosing to see the humor in the situation, since everything turned out okay.
Saturday - I don't think I ever left my apartment. I dyed and highlighted my hair. Not sure that was a good idea. I watched "Death Race" (I love Jason Stratham and it was a fun little action flick. Nice way to spend the afternoon), "The Reader" (Great movie. Loved it. Totally deserved Oscar Nominations.) and "No Country for Old Men" (Interesting. Glad I saw it. Total crap ending. Did not make sense at all. Also, it's not a great movie to watch right before you go to bed. Not the last thing you want to be thinking about before sleep.)
Sunday - Went to a Methodist Church with my sister. Totally loved it. Friendly without being weird. Service was more in line with what I'm used to. Pastor was funny and relateable. There was a wide range of ages amongst the members. Lots of classes and activities available. Sanctuary felt like the chapel we went to at Church Camp, so I liked it. Then lunch at TGIFriday's with my sister and then Shoe Carnival (two pairs of work shoes for 30 bucks) and Sally Beauty Supply. Then home to watch "There Will Be Blood" (I love watching Daniel Day Lewis. He's always so fascinating. The cinematography was cool, but the story sucked. The main character did not evolve ever, over the 30 years we saw, except to get crazier. Did not deserve Oscar Nominations.) and "Year One" (I get that this was supposed to be a silly, stupid, lame joke kind of movie, but even judging it against that low expectation, it still managed to suck anyway.)
Upcoming this week - My mom is coming to town with Dora (the world's happiest dog), and my sister, mom and I are going for Mani/Pedi's tonight. So no date night with the boyfriend this week. Sad :(

No comments: