Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

Thursday - I woke up to someone using a key to open my apartment door. Luckily, I had my chain lock on the door and they were stopped, and then whoever they were looked through my mail slot into my apartment. I was totally freaked out, acting all stealthy in my apartment. I finished getting ready for work and left and at the bottom of the stairs was a handy-man guy from my apartment management. He apologized and said it was him and that he was supposed to be cleaning out the apartment underneath mine because the tenants had just moved out and the office had given him the wrong apartment number. He was very nice, but it made me wonder if he had come to my apartment after I had left for work, would all of my stuff have been thrown out?
Friday - I got a call from the apartment management that there was a water leak in the apartment underneath mine and they needed to get into my apartment immediately, so they were sorry they weren't able to give me the normal 24 hour notice, but it was an emergency. This is fine, but I'm a slob. I have dirty dishes, dirty clothes, mail lying on every flat surface, etc. which made me feel embarrassed. So, even though they were done and gone when I got home and it looked like they were never there. I spent Friday night straightening my apartment. I even broke out the Micro-scrubber spray.
Saturday - I have to decide by the end of the month if I want to leave my apartment at the end of my lease, and the recent incidents with my apartment is making me think I need to take a look at what else is out there. So I went to look at my 2nd choice and my boyfriends 1st choice for apartments from the last time I went looking. It looked the same as a year ago, but after living in my current apartment, I could appreciate several things that I didn't appreciate last time. Like doors and closet space.
Then I stopped by my sister's and hung out for awhile. She is dog-sitting my mom's dog right now because he's going to a doggie boot camp at a friend of hers next week.
Then I headed to the store to pick up ingredients for the Pizza Dip I was sending to Michelle's Oscar Party on Sunday. When I walked in the store there was a table set up with Girl Scouts selling cookies. I'm thinking "Oh,crap". I had avoided them this year, but I do so love them. On my way out of the store I broke down and when they asked if I wanted any cookies, I said "Yes" in a dejected tone of voice because who wants to be the fat girl buying Girl Scout cookies? Then all the little girls raised their arms and cheered "Yay" really loud, and instead of being embarrassed, it made me smile and laugh because it was the cutest thing. That was the highlight of my day. (I got Samoas and Tagalongs.)


Then I went home and made the Pizza Dip and watched "Julie and Julia". I really like it. There were only two parts that didn't work me, the fight with her husband and Julia Child's reaction to Julie's blog, but the rest was great and made me want to cook.
Sunday - I went to church with my sister at the same church we went to last week. They had communion this week and how they did it wasn't like anything I have seen before. At the church we were raised in, they used this little chicklet looking wafers and shot glasses of grape juice. At Christmas Eve service we got real bread from the loaf. And the bread section and the wine section of the prayer and blessing were separated. This church used real loaves of bread and a big goblet and one group at a time knelt in front of the church, helpers passed out the bread and then they dipped it in the wine and then the prayer was said, they got up and the next group moved in. For a second there I thought they were all going to drink from the same goblet and all I could think of was backwash and how gross that would be. But they didn't and it was interesting. My sister and I didn't participate in the communion. We were raised if you aren't a member of the church you don't do their communion. But it was cool and we still like the place, so I think we are going to continue to go.
I passed the Pizza Dip on to my sister to take to Michelle's Oscar Party. I hate missing it because it's so much fun for me. Whenever I think I know so much about movies, I go to her Oscar party and I get put in my place. The guests blow me away with how much history and movie trivia they know. But it was date night with the boyfriend and he doesn't like award shows, even the Oscars. (I'm bitter I missed the John Hughes film clip. I can't find it online yet.)
So, the boyfriend and I went to see Alice in Wonderland. We did not see it in 3-D .
I was totally bored while watching it and thought it sucked, but then when I re-thought about it later, it was actually kind of cool. The costumes and make-up were amazing and the world that Tim Burton created was fantastic. The acting was good and the Red Queen's big head was less annoying and weird than I thought it would be. It actually was appropriate for the vision Burton was creating. So, I'm going to go with, I liked it and would recommend it.
Monday - At 6:05 pm, my nephew E.H.C. was born. He was a week early and only 5 pounds, but healthy and adorable. Hopefully, I'll have pictures soon to share.

No comments: