I keep getting suckered into my own lies to myself that if I postpone a blog entry to add a picture when I get home, that I might actually do it. So, then two weeks go by, no entry and still no pictures. Sorry about that!
When I left off my last entry, I was worried fate/karma/God was going to be kicking me in the ass for passing up the two obvious opportunities to help people. Well, it happened. In an effort to make a long story short, DirecTV can "bite me". My bank and DirecTV worked together to screw me out of some of my hard earned money, and I believe all of this happened because I didn't give that hitchhiker a ride and didn't give cash to the homeless guy.
Anyway, last Saturday, I did some baby-sitting for the 12 year old again. Overall it went well. She's a really good kid, but I'm not an experienced babysitter and I'm not as firm as I think I need to be when I'm being asked if it's okay to do something and my gut tells me the answer is no. But she's still alive, so one point for me.
On Sunday, I had a Bridal Shower back in Springfield. My sister and I drove home for the event and went with my mother. The theme was black, white, and pink colors and zebra print. The decorations were really nice. One of the things I love was they made centerpieces of flowers that were actually pens. They purchased simple glass vases, filled them with colored pebbles, got plastic flowers (pink daisies, in this case) and used green floral tape to wrap "bic" pens to the flower stem. Then they stuck the flower/pens in the pebbles and it just looked like a vase of flowers. It was really nice. Then we played games (using the pens from the vase). I came in as one of the runner-up spots for "How well do you know the bride" and won the "Bridal Present Bingo". The food was awesome. It would have been a great event to bring my camera if I had thought about it in time (I know, Shame on me). The Shower Host also had a great idea that I hope someone uses for mine, if I ever get married. She asked everyone invited to send in 3 recipes, so that she could make a cookbook for the bride. She didn't have it done in time for the shower, but I loved that idea.
Monday night was date night with the boyfriend. We went and saw "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe. I wish I had known before I went to the movie that it was more like a prequel rather that the actual adventures of Robin Hood. I think I would have enjoyed it more. Anyway, I thought it was okay, but not very satisfying, so I'm going to give it a "Tofu" on my movie ratings scale. I may be a little biased because Kevin Costner has a piece of my heart saved because of his portrayal in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves". He and Crowe were both sexy in the Robin Hood role, just in completely different ways.
This weekend, I was going to see "Sex in the City 2" with my sister, but those plans fell through I've been invited to a BBQ on Sunday. And the pool opens this weekend at my apt. complex. It won't be an exciting Memorial Day weekend for me, but hopefully it'll be a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment