Friday, June 4, 2010

Yay, it's Friday!

Nothing exciting happened for me over the Memorial Day weekend, so nothing to report there. Except....date night with the boyfriend, we went out for sushi and it was good, and we got my favorite drink again. If I've already told you about this drink, I apologize, but I'm loving it. It's called a Scorpion Volcano and it's a drink for two people. It's served in this giant bowl that has a little well in the middle, so that they can set a little bit of liquor on fire when it's brought to the table. I mean, who doesn't want a drink that's on fire! The drink itself is like a fruit punch Long Island Iced Tea. It's got a long list of different liquors like rum, vodka, gin, etc. and then they add fruit juices to hide the alcohol taste. When you are done drinking, both of you are a little toasted, but you feel fine, just a little happier. It isn't until the next day you realize you were a lot more buzzed than you thought. And the brilliant part of it all is that it's just $13.95. This is quite the bargain when just one specialty drink is $7.95, and I swear the amount of liquid in one Volcano is the equivalent of, at least, 4 specialty drinks. I took a picture, but I haven't gotten it from my phone to my blog yet. Maybe I'll add a picture later. Then we went to see MacGruber. Do not go to see this movie. I kept hoping it would get better, but it just didn't. It got worse. I'm going to give it a "pesto" on my movie rating scale because pesto doesn't agree with my system and usually makes an unpleasant return appearance one way or the other. (Coincidentally, a lot of the jokes in this movie were along that same vein.) But the funny part about this movie night was, "Sex in the City 2" is in theatres right now, and so the movie theatres are having a drink promotion as part of it's release. They are selling cosmopolitans in plastic martini glasses that light up in the stem. So, my boyfriend brings me the glow-in-the-dark martini glass to me in the dark movie theater and I was so totally embarrassed. I sat there wondering why a movie company would buy and promote a product that would be so distracting in a dark movie theatre. I tried to use my hands to minimize the light until I finished my drink and then hid it in the seat. When we got home it turned out you could turn the light off using a button in the bottom of the stem (and there was a button to change the color of the light in the stem, too.) It was actually quite a cute drinking glass if you weren't in a darkened movie theatre and I get that it's fun "glassware", but unless you tell every person you sell the drink to, about the button in the bottom of the stem, it's not really cool for the other movie-goers.

This weekend, I'm seeing "Sex in the City 2" with my sister after work on Friday and then we're going to the Cardinals game together on Saturday. It should be a fun, hot weekend!

No comments: