Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's just another week.

Nothing too exciting to report for this week. Just a bunch of random stuff.

My old boss and my new boss were in Las Vegas this week for a work-related conference. I'm jealous and bitter I didn't get to go this year. They went to see the Beatles version of the Cirque de Soleil show. I've always wanted to and yet have never seen a Cirque show. My old boss said it was weird and interesting. They also ate at Keith Urban's restaurant and said it was loud, overpriced and the food was terrible. They didn't have much to say about the actual conference, though.

On the home front, there was a roller coaster of emotions because of some new decisions that were made in connection with the closing of the boat. I'm not going to write about it because it's ongoing and not really my place to express an opinion, even on my own blog. (But it sucks and it's wrong. So very, very wrong.)

Also, an employee at a sister property died this week from a car accident over the weekend. I didn't know him well, but he seemed nice and I never heard a bad word said about him (and that means a lot because I know a lot of bitchers and moaners). R.I.P. Arnie.

Tonight, I will be baby-sitting for the fourth time in my life. If you remember me writing about dog-sitting for Pickles, the world's cutest corgi, well I'm baby-sitting for his 8 year old owner. Hopefully, it all goes well. Humans do a lot more random, unexpected things than animals, so this could be a real craps shoot of an experience.

One more random thought, Jeff and I went to see "Kick Ass" over the weekend. It was totally bizarre. Yet, in a fun, wacky way. Using my new movie rating system that equates food to movie experiences, it was like eating a Monte Cristo Hot Dog from the Iron Barley in St. Louis. Strange, but good. Anyway, it's very violent and if you can stomach that, I would say give the movie a shot.

No comments: