Jeff ended up being an hour and a half late, so we didn't get started on our day until 1:00. The zoo closes at 5 pm. I wish that I had re-thought our schedule at that point. Instead of eating lunch at the zoo, we went to a Chinese Buffet. It was yummy and cheap, but time-wise, eating at the zoo was the better option. And, one of our other options was the St. Louis Science Center. It doesn't close until 9:30 pm on Fridays, so if I had thought about this before we went to the zoo, we would have had time to dawdle instead of rushing through the exhibits. Last year, we went to Grant's farm and it only took us about two hours to look through everything and sit and have two beers, so I thought maybe we would be able to do it again. But Grant's Farm is not the St. Louis Zoo by any means. We still only saw 3/5 ths of the zoo and missed the primate house and bird exhibit and we only saw two cats in cat country.
Oh, and the ultimate misstep, the main gift shop was closed by the time we got back to the entrance/exit to leave. Jeff wanted to wait until the end so we didn't have to carry around any shopping bags, but time was not on our side. "Boo at the Zoo" starts October 17th and that was fun last year, so hopefully we'll go and I'll be able to look at the main gift shop then.
Jeff got me a Wii for my birthday, so after the zoo, we went back to my house and tried to set up the Wii. I had told him two months ago Wii's were hard to find and he blew me off and didn't try to buy me a Wii until the day before my birthday. He said he went to 5 stores and called 7 more, but nobody had any Wiis (what is the plural form of Wii?). At one store they said call back tomorrow because they might be getting a shipment in that night if they were having a sale that weekend. So, Jeff called a couple stores on the morning of my birthday and one store got six in the night before, so Jeff immediately left to get to the store and tried to buy all six so he could sell the rest on E-bay, but they only let him buy one because they limit one per person when it comes to Wii. So, now I have a Wii that works on my TV in my bedroom, but not with the living room TV. So, unless a miracle happens, I will be re-arranging my furniture in my bedroom to create a Wii play area. Right now the bed is in the way and there is no room to bowl or play baseball. Jeff almost knocked me out playing baseball on my birthday.
After playing with the Wii, we were going to eat in the Soulard area because it was Soulard Octoberfest that weekend, but the area was way too crowded to find somewhere to eat, so we headed to Outback Steakhouse in South County. I had a Lemon Merange (I wish blogspot had spell-check) Martini for my desert before my meal. It was yummy, but I got an unintentional guilt trip from my server because the bartenders hate making that kind of martini and she thought it was funny, but I felt bad for being an inconvience when they were busy. Finally, my sister and her friends were done with their charity trivia night, so Jeff and I headed back to Soulard to drink at the "Cat's Meow" with my sister and her friends.
My sister's friend Michelle is off camera to the right. I couldn't get everyone in the picture to squeeze together. We had "red-headed sluts" (jaeger, cranberry juice and one other thing that I can't ever remember) for my birthday shot and it was a good time, but I was so tired by the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment