This year's float trip had the best weather, yet. Hot, but not too hot. The water was warm to swim in. The float was 5 miles like most years, but it went much faster because we didn't stop very much and didn't stay long when we did. It was the first time I didn't spend the last hour of the trip wondering when it was going to finally end. I was actually surprised when the trip ended this year.
It's been awhile since the float trip, so I'm just going to list the 10 things I learned during Tara's 7th annual Floating Circus and elaborate on things to fill my blog post.
1. Bosch has giant Muppet feet. - Bosch had the weirdest shoes I've ever seen on his feet when the float trip was over. The were rubber like crocs, but they were molded to look like bare feet. And since he has giant feet they looked like giant muppet feet when he propped them up on the coolers.
2. When it comes to packing, Tara values Jello shots on the Float Trip over dry clothes after the Float Trip. - Tara left her bag of dry clothes sitting on her bed at home instead of putting it in the car. We did manage to pack 5 gallon size bags of jello shots, though. Billy was nice enough to get some jammies from the camp store for her because she was too stubborn to get her own.
3. Preston likes to slurp T.C.'s melon(s)...flavored jello shots. - I made about 150 jello shots for the trip in the flavors: watermelon, pineapple, cherry, grape, and tropical fusion. So, Preston was amusing himself by making jokes about my sisters "melons" and the jello shots.
4. Don't spray Off insect repellent in a small enclosed area unless you want to die. - I went to take a shower after the float trip and decided to spray myself down in Off insect repellent before I got dressed. The room I was in was an individual shower room with little to no ventilation. I thought I could spray myself down and get dressed before it got too bad, but I was wrong. It was just seconds before I realized I was poisoning myself, but I couldn't open the door to get some air because I was still naked. I almost died.
5. Billy isn't what you call a fan of singers under the age of 10. - When I got back to the camp after taking my shower I didn't feel well, so I laid down in the tent and took a nap before dinner. I woke up to obviously young girls screaming into a microphone pretending to do karaoke. They didn't stop for hours. The rest of us were pretty tolerant, but Billy, the most laid back in our group could not stop talking about how much he hated listening to the singing and felt no one should be allowed to sing under the age of ten.
6. Thanks to the game "Catch Phrase", we know Tara and Michelle think Penelope Cruz is a two-bit whore and Preston likes motorboats. - This was the first time I ever played "Catch Phrase". It was a lot of fun.
7. Newlyweds putting up a tent together for the first time is fun to listen to. - Tenille wasn't feeling well and her new husband who just moved here from Spain was doing the macho man role of taking the lead in putting up the tent even though the tent was Tenille's and she had put it up by herself many, many times. So the combination of those two attitudes went about as well as you thought it might.
8. Wearing "cop" sunglasses seems to naturally give you a "cop" attitude. - Michelle had "cop" sunglasses on and her sister Angie was giving her a lot of guff about them the entire float.
9. Dogs like shit. Vivi rolled in it and both Bogey and Dolly dropped a load in front of large audiences. - That's pretty much self-explanatory.
10. Four U.S. state capitals have the word "city" in their name and Led Zeplin is the best Rock n Roll band of all time. - While we were waiting to start the float trip, there was a large group with a lot of children, so the adults were trying to keep them occupied by asking trivia questions. It was actually a little bit interesting. (The cities are: Carson City, Oklahoma City, Jefferson City, and Salt Lake City.)
My last tidbit of info from the trip that isn't on my list is that I saw a funny shirt in the camp store that said on the back: "Hold my beer and watch this!". I guess you have to go on a float trip to know why this is so funny.
So, on to the pictures:
This is a beer in my friend's wedding reception favor koozie. I decided I'm going to try to take it on whatever trip I can and photograph it, just so that I can be "that girl". (But seeing how, I'm almost two months behind on my blog and I promised myself I would write once a week, I'm not holding my breathe for this plan.)
These are my $4 Hannah Montana sunglasses that I bought so I wouldn't lose my $12 sunglasses with rhinestones.
This is a piece of the annual friend chicken Michelle brings every year.
Preston and Michelle in their canoe with Vivi swimming nearby.
Rebecca and her husband on the raft.
Dolly Madison, Michelle in her cop sunglasses and Vivi.
Marie and Bosch in their canoe.

Bogey in his life vest. Tenille and Tara.









No comments:
Post a Comment