Sunday, July 25, 2010

Erin and Ross' Wedding

One of my friends, little sister, got married over the weekend. Erin and Ross had a beautiful wedding in my hometown. I was late coming home because I didn't think I needed to set my alarm clock, but apparently I did because I got a super late start, and then ran into traffic issues. So, I skipped the wedding because I thought it would only run 30 minutes, and I was going to be at least 10 minutes late, so I didn't think it would be worth it to try to make it to the wedding. But I guess Catholic weddings last a lot longer than the average because the ceremony wasn't over until at least an hour later.

My friend JJ, her husband, kids, brother, brother's fiance', and parents all attended the wedding. My mom volunteered to watch her kids during the dinner, so they wouldn't have to sit through the stuff kids get antsy during. Since she was coming, too, she offered to drive and pick me up after the reception was over. For the wedding, I bought a new pair of heels from the Jessica Simpson collection and since I usually wear flip flops or comfy shoes, I was walking like a trannie in her first pair of heels, but they never got so uncomfortable that I had to take them off, so there was that. The speeches were wonderful, the food was great and the dancing was fun. Erin has great style and she and Ross made great choices in their wedding decisions.

At the end of the night, I was tired and my feet hurt. I had asked my parents to wait until I called to come pick me up because sometimes weddings go later than scheduled if everyone is having a good time, and this wedding went late, but when I went to check my phone there was a message from my parents. They were waiting downstairs for me. Nothing makes you feel more like a little kid than having your parents pick you up from a party.

Erin and Ross.

Erin and her sister, Stacia.

Erin, Me and my friend Stacia.

Jerry, Stryker, and JJ's dad, Mitch.

My friend JJ and her mom.

My friend JJ's little brother, his fiance', Sarah, JJ and her husband, Jerry.

Tori and Stryker, JJ and Jerry's kids.

The wedding cake.

The center piece.

No comments: