Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stacia and Matt's Wedding Reception

It's a new year, so that means it's a new year of me telling myself I'm going to be better about blogging. I promised myself I'd make sure I'd blog once a week, no matter how boring my life is. It's been seven days since the New Year, so I'm making my first blog of the year by the skin of my resolution's teeth.

Anyway, last year in November, I traveled to the Bahamas to celebrate my friend Stacia's wedding to her man, Matt. I had a beautiful, wonderful time in the Bahamas even though I was without my boyfriend during one of the most romantic four days of my life. Beautiful weather, happy relationships, newlyweds, engagements, long marriages, etc. It was relaxing and wonderful. If I had managed to blog about it, you would have agreed and loved the pictures. Well, Stacia and Matt had a bigger reception in Chicago on New Year's Eve. It was also very lovely and a great time. I only knew a few people, but Stacia and Matt have very entertaining friends and family. And I got to see my high school friend Heidi who I haven't seen since her wedding over a decade ago. It was really nice to see her again.

So here is the best part of my blog posting, the pictures:

Stacia and Matt, My mom and me

The Plothows and Schenkelbergs

JJ and Me, Erin (Maid of Honor) and Hany,
Jerry and JJ, Me and Stacia

We brought in the New Year in style. Balloons fell from the ceiling, there were hats, and silly glasses, and champagne.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are re-instating the blog! : )

Great pictures!