Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm an Internet Star!

I had a fun day at work on Tuesday. I got in at my normal time and went about my typical work day until mid-morning. Big Boss was in town for a visit and he and my New Boss dropped by my property to get a tour. I enjoyed walking around the property and answering the questions as best I could. Then I had a lunch meeting where the managers/directors update the General Manager about what's currently going on. So, the meeting began with lunch and we got strombolis from Maurizia's. I found out during the meeting that the difference between a stromboli and a calzone is that calzones have ricotta cheese and strombolis do not. After eating a little lunch we moved on to the talking portion of the meeting. I love these type of meetings because although it runs long, it is very informative and you get the information straight from the horses' mouth, so to speak. It almost has a gossip session feel. Unfortunately, I had to leave early because I had another, appointment, so I didn't get to hear the rest of the meeting. My next appointment was pretty fun, though. My Big Boss, New Boss, Old Boss, and I got to tour my company's new property in St. Louis. The construction is still in progress, but this facility is going to be amazing. I'm loving it! When it is open to the public and operating, it is going to be a great place to go. I can't say enough good things about it. My Old Boss is transferring to that property, but hopefully I'll be badged there as well and will still be able to visit/work.

I was an internet star for about ten minutes on Tuesday. There is an outside camera on property that takes a picture every ten minutes or so and posts it to a website, so that a person could watch the construction as it takes place if they want. My Big Boss called a co-worker to pull us up on the internet to see if she could see us, and so we stood there for about ten minutes, in our hard hats, safety goggles, and fluorescent construction vests and the co-worker was able to save the image and send it to us. So here is our picture: (We are slightly to the left of center next to the white truck and the only people I can see that are wearing the fluorescent construction vests. I'm the short one in the yellow vest next to the guy in the orange vest on the left)




















After the tour we went to lunch/dinner at the Iron Barley. I had never been there and got the Monte Cristo Hot Dog. I was expecting a deep fried hot dog dusted with powdered sugar on a hot dog bun with swiss cheese and a side of jam to dip it in. It is actually two regular quarter pound hot dogs cut down the center and laid ona toasted bun slathered with strawberry jam and then swiss cheese is melted on top of that. It sounds weird, but it was actually pretty good. Then we headed to Loewe's to pick up a shower curtain for my New Boss who has just moved to town and Monday was his first night in his new apartment. I made everyone guess what color shower cutain he was going to buy. I picked white. The Big Boss picked pastel-colored, and Old Boss picked the opaque/cloudy-yet-clear. I won. That was pretty much the end of my work day. After work I headed to my sister's to do my laundry and she made Champagne Rice which is super yummy (risotto, champagne, asparagus, pancetta) and she even had enough leftover to send me home with some. So, Tuesday was a good day. :)

No comments: