I had taken off the day before the Saturday celebration, so I could relax before the party and try to get a headstart on the cleaning and food prep work. I ended up staying up until 4 in the morning and not getting most of what I wanted done. I got up at 9 am and got ready for the party and scrambled to get everything made and everything hidden that I wanted to hide.
I made chicken wing dip, a broccoli/cheese/ham crescent ring, cocktail wieners, olive cheese balls, pizza dip, BT bites, tortilla rolls, frog eyes, bloodmary dip with vodka soaked vegetables, ranch dip with regular vegetables, Fritos and Doritos. So we had a nice spread for our guests. Tara bought beer and made jello shots. We decided on blackberry fusion, melon fusion, and pineapple for our flavors. There is still debate on whether we should have used blackberry fusion or grape for the purple jello shots. I say the blackberry is too dark and grape has wider crowd appeal. Tara thinks blackberry tastes better. She also thinks the color of melon fusion is too light for the green jello shots, but I think melon fusion tastes better than lime. Green Apple would have been the best choice, but Jello doesn’t make Green Apple anymore. Damn them! :)
Stacey was nice enough to bring koozies for the bottled beer. Here's the one she gave me:
Around 3pm, I hit a wall and went upstairs and took a nap while our party was still happening. I know, I’m a great host. My sister woke me up later to let me know they were heading to the street party and to Billy’s for their party. I wussed out and stayed home, slept until 7 and then watched TV for the rest of the night. I’m so lame. :(
I wish I had gone to Billy’s party. He rented a place for the weekend across from Carson’s bar in Soulard. That was in the heart of the merriment. They had installed a stripper pole and a bunch of red lights. He was charging $25 to get in, but we got free bracelets because he’s such a nice guy. I heard they had a lot of fun. My sister even took a swing on the stripper pole. …fully clothed, with her winter coat on. They say there are pictures, but I haven’t seen them. Speaking of pictures, here are a few from our party:
I wish I had gone to Billy’s party. He rented a place for the weekend across from Carson’s bar in Soulard. That was in the heart of the merriment. They had installed a stripper pole and a bunch of red lights. He was charging $25 to get in, but we got free bracelets because he’s such a nice guy. I heard they had a lot of fun. My sister even took a swing on the stripper pole. …fully clothed, with her winter coat on. They say there are pictures, but I haven’t seen them. Speaking of pictures, here are a few from our party:
No comments:
Post a Comment