It's my goal to enter and finish a Tough Mudder race. Tough Mudder is a 10-13 mile obstacle course. I'm overweight and haven't run in years, so this is a significant goal, that's going to take some time to accomplish.
My first step towards this goal is getting off the couch and running in a 5k. Fate stepped in recently, when I attended my weekly Weight Watcher's meeting. One of the participants passed out a sign up sheet for a 5k race to benefit their school. As part of this race, the school had volunteers that were offering Saturday morning workouts that will follow the Couch to 5K running program. So, I signed up and had my first "run" in years.
At the end of the workout they handed out these cute (couch) potatoes with a running shoe printout with a positive message.
Hopefully, this is a first small step in a bigger accomplishment.

No comments:
Post a Comment