I do want to send a shout out to Anheuser-Busch. A lot of people are asking what the big deal is if A-B gets bought out, but what they don't understand is what an awesome corporate citizen this company is. They are a major sponsor for the Race for the Cure. I can't think of any charity or major community function that didn't receive money from A-B as a sponsor. This company isn't just about the beer, and if Inbev takes over, you will kiss the charity money good-bye, along with the St. Louis Zoo having free admission, Busch Garden's, Sea World, etc. And A-B is a national brand. Their money goes to groups around the country. It is like taking the Arts out of school curriculums. You may see an immediate improvement in bottom line, but your long term loss is immeasurable.
Anyway, I'm getting off my soap box now. The race was a lot of fun. A very festive atmosphere. It was an advertiser's dream. People from every demographic, even a larger percentage of men than I expected. For some reason I just love seeing guys wear pink for a good cause. There was lots of free stuff. I didn't pick much up because I didn't want to carry it during the walk, but my favorite thing was a tube of pink lip stuff from Shane Co.
My favorite T-shirt for the day was one that said "Save Second Base" and had a baseball diamond with a pink ribbon on second base. It may take you a second to get it, but it's super funny. I hope I see it on sale at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment